Please share your recipes by emailing email@example.com, subject line: Recipe Corner.
Giddyup Veggie Salad
Contributed by Liz McQuiston
- 1 pkg. Giddyup Guacamole Mix
- 3 tsp. water
- Diced Roma tomatoes
- Diced avocado
- 15.5 oz. can rinsed, drained black beans
- Corn (fresh is ideal, but canned worked fine)
- Diced red pepper
- Fresh diced cilantro
Add water to one packet of Giddyup Guacamole Mix. Add diced vegetables and refrigerate until serving.
- Add different types of bell peppers – yellow, orange or green are great.
- Add diced chili peppers for a smokier flavor.
- For less “kick” in the salad, add more veggies.
- For more “kick” add a splash of hot sauce or diced jalapenos.
- Add diced chicken for more protein (or even rotisserie chicken for an additional flavor boost).
- Add some cooked quinoa – it takes this salad to a whole new level!
- Add a squeeze of fresh lime juice for an added spark of flavor.
- Serve on tortilla chips.
- Serve in warm tortillas with shredded cheese for a veggie “fajita.”
Summer Potato Salad
Contributed by Vicki Shay
- 3 lbs. baby red potatoes, quartered
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cups Zesty Italian dressing
- 1 tub (10 oz.) Philly Italian Cheese & Herb Cooking Crème
- 1 ½ c. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- ¼ c. Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place potatoes in a 2 qt. microwave safe dish. Add water, cover with lid.
- Microwave on HIGH for 15 minutes or just until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- Place in a large bowl and add Italian dressing, toss to coat.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until completely cooled.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix lightly, and ENJOY!