Please share your recipes by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Recipe Corner.
Perfectly Potato Cheddar Quiche
Contributed by Liz McQuiston
- 1 cup dry Perfectly Potato Cheddar Soup Mix
- 1 1/4 cups hot water
- 3 slightly beaten eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 – 4 strips cooked, crumbled bacon
- 9-inch prepared pie crust
- Whisk first 3 ingredients in medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Place cheese and bacon in pie crust. Pour egg mixture over bacon mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 45 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Makes 4-6 servings. Notes:
- Quiche will puff up but will flatten out as it cooks.
- It easiest to buy premade pie crusts already in a disposable aluminum pan.
- Egg substitute also works really well for these quiches.
- When I make this recipe I add onions. This is a great base recipe that can be tweaked to your liking by adding additional veggies, etc.